Monday 7 December 2009

Bad Friend

Out of sight, out of mind. That's what they say. And I hate to admit it, but except in the cases of romantic obsession, I fear they are right. In my case at least. But then maybe I'm just monumentally self-centred. What do you think? Oh, I don't care. Button it.

Anyway, the reason for this self-berating is that my very best friend since not long after I was born, also not known as Keith, posted something on his blog almost two weeks ago and I have only just now got round to looking at it. What a shit. To be honest, if this something hadn't been quite so spectacular, I might just have moved onto something else, forgotten all about my so-called best friend for another month and not even bothered berating myself. But it was. Spectacular, that is.

Look:



Isn't it? Wow. It really is a pleasure to have such talented friends. That I never see. Or let's face it, barely ever think about.

God, I'm cold.

Anyway, then he went on to do this:



Go to his site at once and reward him with your praise. Oh, and if you're in the market for an unusual and unique gift for the Christ day, then he's also selling his stuff. Think about it. I've got one of his pictures on my wall, next to a Kandinsky print, and I'm the coolest person in London.



Share on Facebook! Digg this

7 comments:

Beleaguered Squirrel said...

Very good. In a scary disturbing frankly-rather-terrifying kind of a way.

Anonymous said...

Amazing!

I'm a bad friend too. I've completely lost touch with friends I've met in the workplace because we don't work together any more. I feel particularly bad about the loss of one friend who knows from mutual friends that I have a new phone number, but I never e-mailed her or anything to let her know.

Maria in Oregon

kiki said...

that chick is fit and you know it

Anonymous said...

I'm sure Not Keith knows you love him. Or esteem him. Or maybe love. Do guys love each other in a non-sexual platonic, hope we stay friends forever kinda way?

I have seen his sketches many times, and they are all uniquely impressive. The detail is breathtaking. The cockroach frightened the hell out of me. Yours is the only blog I bother to comment on - when I can be bothered.

Next time, I'll be sure to tell Not Keith how talented he is, and judging from his tweets he sounds like an excellent chef too.

Kate said...

Wow incredibly talented

Kate x

Anonymous said...

Oh, you. I'm blushing. And thanks to everyone who's said something nice in the comments. And to those who dropped by my place. Thank you.

Jake Barnes said...

NotKeith's art is excellent; last time I looked was probably the last time you mentioned him, so thanks for the reminder.