Saturday 15 May 2010

Fabulous Jim Sweeney

Last night I found myself weeping upstairs on a bus to New Cross.

Because of this. It’s a post from Jim Sweeney, about living with MS.

Here's a tiny excerpt:


'I have no advice on how to live life. Except this: (a) grab life by the ears every day and French kiss it to the ground and (b) don't get to old age clutching a list headed, "I wish I'd......"'


Do read the whole thing. It's very moving. And very funny. And the 'song' at the end is lovely.

And I only hope that when I get MS – or whatever it is that gets under my skin and drags me away to nowhere – that I can handle it with such divine sparkle.

Have a nice weekend and if it's any way a physical possibility, live it.



Share on Facebook! Digg this

3 comments:

Wanderlust said...

A moving post and advice we can't be reminded of enough. I love the quote you pulled from his post.

miss piggy said...

Thank you Stan - much needed at the moment. A lot easier said than done when your health is well and truly up the spout, which is what makes Jim's words all the more admirable.

Beleaguered Squirrel said...

Ai me, I have lived life this weekend, this week, this month, this year. I am exhausted. But still. I am living. there is no doubt about that.