Friday 18 January 2008

Blogger Mortis


I was replying to a comment this morning about my intention to post on this blog at least once a week, and was reminded of it again this afternoon, as I spent far too much time pootling around the internet looking for things that I used to like, noticing as I did so that some of them don't exist anymore. At least not as live, regularly updated entities. This is something that you see happen a lot. The enthusiasm wanes and a week's hiatus turns to a month's hiatus. Pretty soon, blogger mortis has set in - or 'blogor mortis' for the purists - and the only posts are those that begin, 'Sorry I haven't blogged for ages. It's just that I've been so busy...' It's rather sad when it happens. It makes me blue.

Something that made me very happy however, was to return to a website I despise this afternoon, and see that it has died a horrible death, within a month of being born.

So that's good.

What's less good is this and indeed this. It'd be tempting to go along, just to see what he was like in the flesh, but it'd feel a little bit too much like watching Hitler in the early 20s. I think I'll give him a miss. And is it so wrong to hope someone shoots him? Oh God, I can't hope for that really, because it is wrong, and I don't. But I hope he has a moment of clarity in the Orchard Theatre in Dartford, and shoots himself.



Share on Facebook! Digg this

No comments: