Tuesday 8 April 2008

Fast Facts #002 :: Paprika Stings


Day Two. The only remaining housemate is in the bedroom, positioned in the work area, finally getting on with his most recent challenge. He’s reading back over the bilge he’s been tweezing from his slender frame, when suddenly he becomes acutely aware of something in his eye: an eyelash. Without pause for thought, he digs in deep and fishes it out. Seconds later, he makes another important scientific discovery.


Fast Fact #002 :: Paprika – a pinch of which is used in the preparation of Madal Bal Natural Tree Syrup and Lemon Detox Drink - is no less painful, when smeared onto the open eyeball, than chilli.

Bonus Fact :: Paprika is also a very nice name for a little girl.



Share on Facebook! Digg this

6 comments:

Annie said...

When I was a little girl we had two pet chickens that I wanted to name "Parmesan and Paprika", but my parents named them "Sage and Onion" instead.

Anonymous said...

WOW, anything to keep your mind of work and food... huh?

Yikes! Cleanses; my room-mates all went on one, it lasted for a month, and by the end they were all ravenous and quite honestly mean and grouchy.

I wish you a far better outcome, to your healthy undertaking!

FYI- next time after handling chili-rub your hands with salt, then soak them in a bowl of milk- then wash your hands with soap and water it works- I swear... and then you
won't have to worry about accidently touching your eyes and burning them out.

Michael said...

I believe that Tinto Brass, that master of Italian soft-core, made a film called Paprika about a girl called Paprika. I can't say I've seen it, but you might want to check it out!

DJ Kirkby said...

Lol. Chopper did this with tabasco on his fingers. He has never been quite the same since.

Ariel said...

Erm... Pap for short? "Pap darling, come to Mummy". Sorry but no. 'Papri' could also be confusing, especially in francophone households. ["Papri!" "Pas pris quoi? Euh mais j'ai rien pris moi" etc...]. Then there's 'Rika' but that reminds me of a Israeli singer. It leaves 'Rik', but frankly who wants to call their little girl that?

La Bête said...

Shame on your parents, Annie. But happily, you've reminded me of a little known CelebriFact. Peaches Honeyblossom and Fifi Trixibelle were not the first choices for the Geldof kids. First choice were Candide and Chlamydia, but Paula Yates said they sounded too classy.

Thanks for the chilli-fact, Selena. I wonder if I’ll ever remember it or if I do remember it, actually do it. I shall try.

Michael, I do want to check it out. And I shall.

DJ, a prize of no actual substance to you for writing a sentence with ‘tabasco’, ‘fingers’ and ‘chopper’ that apparently wasn’t rude.

Ariel, hello. I think I’d shorten it to Pappy. And she’d also call me Pappy (assuming I were her father). ‘Oh look,’ people would say. ‘There go The Pappys.’ That would be cool.